Quality Oak Timer Frames

The builder of Quality , Bespoke timber frames now has a blog.
This site will keep you upto date with all the new projects that I am Creating.
Based in Devon but will build anywhere

Sunday 2 February 2014

BAD CARPENTRY

Yesterday I went to see some people that had an oak framed room on their open planned house. 
The extension was built 10 years ago by somebody ( I didn't recognise the name and I wouldn't write it even if I did that is also the reson that I didn't post a picture ). 
I was called as the clients have a leak and I'm not supprised . 
The oak frame building was not built to the standards I have seen EVER. 
The biggest issue that I have is that the clients and their friends now believe that oak framed buildings are cold drafty places . 
THIS IS NOT TRUE but unfortunately they have had a bad experience created by somebody that has done a bad job. 
I hope to change their view. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rob,

    Really good to see bad carpentry & detailling being highlighted. I have also, in my 15 years experience as a frame designer seen some poor quality frames being made which then also go on to be badly detailled. Resulting in, as you say people giving 'post & beam' a bad name. There is absolutely no reason why an oak framed build cant be well insulated and air leakage free,
    You have to keep the quality going or else we are left 'peeing in the wind'.
    set to it - cheers Paul

    ReplyDelete