Quality Oak Timer Frames

The builder of Quality , Bespoke timber frames now has a blog.
This site will keep you upto date with all the new projects that I am Creating.
Based in Devon but will build anywhere

Friday 29 November 2013

ARCH BRACE

Today I finished fitting the ARCH BRACE TRUSS together. It nearly fit like a glove first time, it just needed a little tickle here and there. Of coarse it looked lovely ( I've been doing it long enough, if there's anything I'm good at it should be good at then framing is it.)
Once it all fits lovely then it's time to bring the chainsaw out and create a beautiful curve. There is a lot of wast but at least the wast will keep them warm on the fire. In fact there's enough wast to build something cool.

Now just need to Finnish meet ending it up them build another one. 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I always wondered how they made arches. It seems like really hard work. http://www.trusskits.com/truss-display-arches-s/105.htm

    ReplyDelete